Thursday, March 5, 2009

byrd

When you're feeling so alone, tell me where is it you go?
If I'm sittin in my boots I'll grab the jingle jangles
and take a trip to the Sun
In hopes of finding Mr. Tambourine Man,
or somethin' close to him
Flip through channels and airwaves
and every wave that I've ridden I'll remember how I crashed
why is the water so salty? The taste is on my tongue and I
can't shake this feeling,
it's been hangin out too long.

Pirates come and go and steal my heart every time
I guess the treasure in my chest was too easy to find
They all say I love you but is any of it even real?
words and words and words and words and
how do they leave us to feel?
you deny your path was the righteous one,
but baby look how many followers you got..
How can you turn away, I promise don't be afraid,
this is your last chance with me, your last and final shot..

To my head I'm gone dead you killed me with you're golden bow and arrow
when I saw how narrow
you are.
You aren't mine anymore, you always knew I was a whore
Cowboys and Indians I don't think you know who you wanna be
So just run, run away
never put your gun away
and keep goin and keep on makin all the pretty girls smile
It's what you do best so keep developing your talents
I got no hate or even malice for you

but I'm Alive
and I won't cry
anymore. No no no more no, more

lets fly
lets dance
lets take a chance and make for change
maybe make a few bucks while we're at it
we'll be cats in other lives
but we're byrd in this one
if you gotta broken wing
i'll patch it right up, if you let me.

But baby tell where you go, when you're empty, so alone.
So I can find you
and you can save me...
lets fly

No comments:

Post a Comment